Crown Daisy (Ssukat) Seeds - 1000 seeds
Ssukat 쑥갓 aka Crown Daisy or Chrysanthemum Leaves are aromatic herbs that Koreans love to add as garnish to dishes, eat with their ssam and make namuls.
In flavor, Ssukat is mildly grassy, bitter, herbaceous with a hint of sweetness. Texture-wise, the stems are a little crunchy but not too fibrous. When you add ssukat to fish stews, bibimbap or your ssam, it adds a wonderful brightness without a lot of strong flavor. Lightly blanch, squeeze excess water then make namul.
Plants grow fast and are ready to harvest in 2-3 months.
- Annual, re-seeds easily. Matures 40-50 days.
- Light - Full Sun or light shade in summer
- Ideal Temps - mild and cool temperatures, will flower when too warm and will be too tough to eat. Can also grow in fall and winter in mild climates.
- Planting/Growing - spring with no fear of frost 60 - 70 ℉.
- 1 packet contains 1000 seeds
- Seeds are good for 2 years - until July 2024
Also known as edible chrysanthemum, chrysanthemum greens, garland chrysanthemum.
More info at 9 Korean Vegetables to Grow post on how to grow, plant and harvest.