Balloonflower/Bellflower Doraji Seeds - 1000 seeds
Korean Doraji 도라지 or Balloonflower Roots or Bellflower Roots is a favorite Korean vegetable that's often used to make Doraji Namul. Also called Platycodon, it usually grows wild in the mountains and fields of Korea and has a beautiful purple flower that has a balloon shape before the flower is fully open. The root of the bellflower looks similar to ginseng root and tastes bitter with a ginseng-like smell.
Besides making namul (which is one of the must namul for bibimbap), you can also dry it and make tea or syrup with it. Kimchimari shop sells Bellflower syrup HERE.
- Perennial and is best to harvest when 2 years old or older.
- Light - Full sun or partial light shade
- Planting/Growing - spring with no fear of frost or can be started indoors
- Plant height will grow to 15 to 40 inch tall and will flower White or Purple flowers in the summer.
- 1 packet contains 1000 seeds
- Keep the ground moist
RECIPES - Bibimbap Namul recipe includes instructions on how to cut and cook Doraji.